Team of the Year Award
This award recognises project teams that are driving development and adoption of innovation and technology in the civil engineering industry. We are looking for teams that work collaboratively and share their learning with their peers.
These teams could be from within a single company. Equally entries from project teams, joint ventures or collaborations are welcomed.
Entries should seek to answer:
- How is the team structured to maximise the potential for innovation and support research and development?
- Who is ultimately responsible for driving innovation and how are they accountable?
- What specific innovations have been brought to the fore by the team in the last 18 months?
- How does this team’s work have the potential to change the design, construction, maintenance or operation of infrastructure for the better?
- How is this team working collaboratively with the industry supply chain, and how is it sharing its learnings with other peers? What industry bodies/research forums are you working with/collaborating with/sharing with?
The success of the team should be demonstrated with reference to recent involvement in a civil engineering project or programme. The project or programme need not be complete, but it should be possible to demonstrate how the team has developed and used technology to improve team performance. The project or programme could be a research project, a design-only project, a construction project or an ongoing operations and maintenance programme.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by a panel of our judges in a closed face-to-face session.