Start-up of the Year Award
This award recognises start-ups and small consultancies that are driving innovation and technology in the civil engineering industry. We are looking for young, fast-growing, agile businesses that are striving to have an impact on the industry. There is no defined size of age of the company for you to be eligible but you should be able to demonstrate how you are growing rapidly and have a vision for where the company will be in the next three to five years.
You should make clear what your company is trying to achieve and the stage of your development. You may be able to demonstrate your impact with reference to recent involvement in a civil engineering project or projects, or you may still be at concept stage and the Festival is your opportunity to build profile and make connections.
Submission details (max 600 words in total plus 5MB file size)
- The entry should begin with an introductory paragraph (100 words max) which summarises why your company should be considered for this award.
- This should then be followed by a fuller description of your company covering its purpose, its approach to R&D, and specifically answer the following questions:
- What is your key innovation/market offer?
- How does this have the potential to change the design, construction, maintenance or operation of infrastructure for the better?
- What early evidence (if any) do you have of your impact on the industry?
- How are you working collaboratively with the industry supply chain?
- Where do you see your firm in the next three to five years?
- What makes your firm and its key innovation a best practice case study to others?
Supporting evidence can include video content, up to three images: photographs as jpgs; CGIs and artist’s impressions; or clearly marked up design drawings or pdfs of relevant and tailored presentation slides.